Have you ever dreamt about joining the Nigerian Army? Now, your dream can become a reality. This guide will provide you with all the necessary information regarding the Nigerian Army Recruitment for 2023/2024.
About the Nigerian Army and Recruitment Process
The Nigerian Army, the largest component of the Nigerian Armed Forces, is known for its respected and prestigious reputation. Every year, the Army opens up recruitment for both male and female aspirants who dream of serving their nation.
This year’s 85RRI recruitment began officially on Tuesday, 14th March 2023, and the application portal will remain open for a month, closing on Friday, 14th April 2023. The Nigerian Army recruits for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC).
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment
- NIMC Recruitment
- NITDA Recruitment
- Civil Defence Recruitment
- FRSC Recruitment
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- PYES Recruitment
- Abia State Teachers Recruitment
- Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Recruitment
How to Apply for Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023
All applications must be made online via the official recruitment portal, www.recruitment.army.mil.ng. The portal also facilitates account creation for new users and application submission for all types of recruitment, including DSSC and regular. The application form is free and accessible to all.
- Visit one of the official recruitment portals: https://www.nigerianarmyms.ng/ or www.recruitment.army.mill.ng.
- Create a user account to enable you to log in. Your username should be a functional email.
- Fill out the application form, submit it online, and print a copy. Additionally, print and complete the Guarantor Form as required.
Note: Applications must be made online and are free of charge.
Follow the steps below to complete the application form:
- Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.ng to create an account.
- Review the qualification criteria.
- Select ‘DSSC application’ from the home page if you apply for direct short service.
- You will receive an email notification with your login details upon successful registration.
- Click on ‘Login’ to fill in the application form.
- Upload all required documents, which include:
- Passport photograph
- Educational certificates
- Evidence of membership in any professional body
- Certificate of state of origin
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- Submit your application and print the confirmation page.
Please ensure that all the information you provide is authentic and accurate.
If you’re planning to apply for the Nigerian Army Recruitment, here are some key points you should keep in mind:
First off, it’s important to note that there won’t be a Pre-selection Computer Based Test for the candidates. And don’t worry about finding a special center for recruitment, because there won’t be one. In fact, there won’t even be a Zonal Screening Exercise.
Instead, all the screening for potential recruits will occur in your respective state of origin. Just a word of caution, though, if you falsify or forge your results and it’s discovered, even during training at the Deport NA, you’ll be withdrawn from the recruitment process.
In your best interest, you’re advised not to offer any form of gratification or inducement to anyone or any group to assist you in the recruitment exercise. If you have doubts or need clarifications, please call the support lines: 0905 992 4328 and 0802 656 9770.
Keep an eye on the website on the 2nd of December 2020; that’s when the names of the shortlisted candidates for screening will be released. If you’re shortlisted, you must report to your respective states of origin for the screening exercise.
If you successfully pass the screening, you’ll be transported to Deport NA for documentation and training. It’s important to mention that the appropriate issuing authorities will verify all your documents. Those found with fake documents will face prosecution by the police.
Lastly, and this is great news, the NA Recruitment form is free. You don’t have to pay a dime to apply!
Requirements for Nigerian Army 85RRI and DSSC Recruitment 2023
Certain requirements are needed to ensure eligibility, depending on the recruitment type – regular, DSSC, or SSC. Here are the basic prerequisites:
For Regular or SSC Recruitment:
- You must be a Nigerian by birth with valid identification
- Aged between 18-22 years for non-tradesmen/women and 18-26 for tradesmen/women
- Minimum of 5 credit passes in WAEC/NECO or NABTAB, including English Language and Mathematics
- Minimum height of 1.8 meters for males and 1.62 meters for females
- Physically and mentally fit without any serious medical condition
- No criminal records
For DSSC Recruitment:
- Must be a graduate from any recognized institution in Nigeria
- Hold either HND, BSc or even a Masters
- Aged between 18-27 years for non-tradesmen/women and 18-28 for tradesmen/women
- Meet all other criteria for regular or SSC Recruitment.
Ensure you don’t miss the closing date – Friday, 14th April 2023. Not submitting your application within this timeframe could lead to disqualification.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the selection process? Selection involves online registration, applicant screening, aptitude tests, physical fitness tests, medical examinations, and interviews.
What is the duration of Nigerian Army training? Training duration is six months for non-commissioned officers and nine months for officers.
Are there height requirements? Yes, the minimum height is 1.68 meters for males and 1.62 meters for females.
Can women apply? Absolutely, both tradeswomen and non-tradeswomen can apply.
What are the benefits of joining? Among the many benefits are job security, professional growth opportunities, financial stability, access to quality healthcare, travel, housing, and educational opportunities.
Remember, the recruitment form is free of charge. Be wary of fraudsters who ask for payment. You can contact the official support lines provided on the portal for any queries. Best of luck with your application!